“Wouldn’t it be funny if…” is how most of my projects start. If you have a vivid dream about a pancake doing something that pancakes don’t do – you will think differently about your breakfast. When your perception shifts, it might make you chuckle, or perhaps, reconsider your opinion.”
Through collage, printmaking, cyanotype, ink and paint, I assemble stories and memories to amuse and delight.
My love of art solidified by 3rd grade with a first prize ribbon at the county fair for my masterpiece in glue and chalk – a macaw. In school, I took every art and life science class I could and lettered in drama. My parents insistence on college won out over life on a communal farm and I earned a BA in studio art, new media (meaning digital arts) from CSU Chico. After a stint in San Diego animating for Starfall, trips to Europe, Thailand, and Burning Man, I settled in Sacramento. I teach Web design, make websites, and every day – with passion and love – make art.
At present, I am the Marketing & Outreach Coordinator at Sierra 2 Center for the Arts & Community, I teach web design at Sacramento City College, take on a few freelance web projects, and make art on nights and weekends. I live in Sacramento.
- Solo Show, Yolo Arts Gallery at Woodland Healthcare Center, Woodland, CA
- Two Piece Show at Union Hall Gallery, Sacramento, CA
- Art of the Bike at Two Rivers Cider, Sacramento CA
- Art Installation at First Festival, Sacramento CA
- Totem Spirits in Art, E Street Gallery, Sacramento, CA
- Cafe Colonial Art Showcase, Sacramento, CA
- Art for Krys Benefitting Art Street, Ruhstaller Taproom, Sacramento, CA
- Consigned small works, Sparrow Gallery, Sacramento, CA
- Handcrafted Holiday Art Show & Open House, Sacramento
- Stranger Things Art Show, by Menagerie at Outlet Coworking, Sacramento, CA
- Pink Week Postcard Show, WAL Marketplace, Sacramento
- THE Art Auction, Verge Center for the Arts, Sacramento, CA
- Sacramento Open Studios Tour, Curtis Park Art Crawl Organizer, Sacramento, CA
- Curtis Fest, Sacramento, CA
- Track 7 Custom Block and Print-a-thon, Track 7 Curtis Park Brewery, Sacramento, CA
- Membership Medley, Blue Line Gallery, Roseville, CA.
- Student Art Show, (cash prize award), Kondos Gallery, Sacramento City College, Sacramento, CA
- Make/Do Sacramento, a boutique in Sacramento, CA.
- Life on Mars, TUBE magazine / Blue Lamp, Sacramento, CA.
- Driveway-Print-a-thon, Sacramento, CA
- TUBE Market, California Auto Museum, Sacramento, CA
- Small Works, Capitol Artworks, Sacramento, CA.
Press & Publications
- Article in Viewpoint and Sactown about Curtis Park Art Crawl, part of Verge Open Studios Tour.
- Printmaking demo and interview on Good Day Sacramento at Make / Do, January 20, 2016
- Tube Magazine, December 2015
- Cover image of (detail) Magazine, A Journal of Art Criticism published by the South Bay Women’s Caucus for Art, 2002
- Studied figure drawing under Laura Hohlwein, Sacramento City College, 2016
- Studied Assemblage and Collage under Michael Stevens and Suzanne Adan, Sacramento City College, 2016
- Studied Printmaking under Emily Wilson, Sacramento City College, 2015
- BA in Studio Art: New Media, California State University, Chico, 2000 (Studied Digital Art under Nanette Wylde)
Member of Blue Line Arts, Member of Verge Center for the Arts, Crocker Art Gallery Member.