Printing the Leaves of Curtis Park
November 13 @ 2:00 pm – 5:00 pm
Saturday, November 13th
2:00 -5:00pm in Room 7
Fees: $67 (supplies included)
Advanced registration required; attendance is limited.
Bring leaves of all sizes from the park or your yard and learn to ink and print those leaves onto a printmaking stamp block. Then we’ll carve the leaf image into a small and larger block and print a pattern on cards and gift bags.
The class starts with a short lecture about the tools and process of carving into Lino blocks and how to ink and print. We will each make a small test print onto a mini-block and carve and print it. Once you have mastered the basics, we’ll move on to the larger leaf print. The majority of our time will be spent inking, printing, and carving. Ages 12 and up please.
The materials for the class include:
- a carving tool with a blade (for you to keep)
- a mini-block to practice on
- a 4×6 inch lino block
- Colorful cards to print on, with envelopes to keep
- a gift bag to design and print
- a handout with instructions, tips, and supply-sellers for your practice at home
The Learnery at Sierra 2 Center
1 (916) 452-3005 x 208