Take One, Make One Vintage Postcard Collage Kit
Instructions & Tips
- Start with clean hands, clear table and an open heart.
- Lay out all your words and see what you can make. Try not to have an exact phrase in mind or things will get frustrating!
- If you can’t find the right word, cut out letters to spell the word (remember to check your spelling).
- Lay it all out first. Move it around, decide what postcard imagery to show or hide.
- Take picts of different layouts, then commit and glue the best variation.
- Try “wiping” the paper words across the glue, don’t rub the glue on the words.
- Choose Love / Freedom / Kindness
- Its a beautiful day to _______
- Keep Calm and _____ On
- Hold on, its time to ______
- Be real / Be kind / Be crafty
- Most of the time I ______
- A balanced diet means _______
- When nothing is going right, go ______
- Wishing you a _______
- Don’t be a _________
- Dance like ________
Composition & Color
- Notice how your words and the postcard photo or colors interact. Play around with how your phrase works on different cards and locations.
- Use the Rule of Thirds: Grid your postcard into 9 equal sections, the nodes where the lines cross are visual hotspots – put your message there.