A calming hands-on activity for kids and adults. Revisit the campfire craft of “God’s Eyes” with yarn, embroidery floss, or t-shirt fabric yarn. Use 2 or 3 sticks in various sizes. Make an ornament in an hour or a more complex wall piece in a 3 hours session.
What to Expect
Choose the size of project that you are most comfortable with.
- Level 1: Start with a smaller 2-stick piece and weave a single color of thicker yarn to come to complete your protection ornament in a shorter amount of time.
- Level 2: Use thinner yarn in multiple colors
- Level 3: More sticks and more colors to create a more complex ornament.
- Finish it off with a festive tassel; easy to make and super satisfying!
This class is great for adults and kids. As materials get smaller and more complex, fine hand dexterity and magnifying glasses can help. The project is not messy and does not require tables, though a table to work on is helpful.
Details & Logistics
- Indoor or outdoor. A walk to collect sticks is fun.
- Chairs, tables, area for supplies
- Sticks (chopsticks or skewers), wire, wire cutters, scissors, yarns, embroidery floss, t-shirt yarn, rope, etc.
- Groups of 10 – 20